Yarn Slave

Because we're all a slave to our passions

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Duchie Turns Two






 Today is Duchess's second birthday. Not that we spoil her or anything. Here's a great shot of the birthday girl. My friend, Robin, has astutely pointed out that since we have 4 sons and no daughters, Duchess is our little girl.









She started the day by sleeping in late (as usual).









 Then, she took daddy for a walk.









A special trip to Petco where she got some special dog cookies, a new rawhide chewie, and some Frosty Paws. Then, to McDonalds where she got a double cheeseburger.









 After dinner it was time for the Frosty Paws. But not before a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday.









She did need a bit of help blowing out the birthday candles. The young one had no trouble helping her out.



After all that, she is now sound asleep on my bed!! Of course, this is where she spends most of her evenings.








 As far as my fiber stuff goes, well, I haven't done too much. I did finish the crocheted baby socks for a baby with big feet. It's a nice quick pattern and I will be making this one up again with thinner yarn and a smaller hook.









And I did finish my big, easy scarf. Have some yarn left, so I may make a hat to match the scarf.









 Now, instead of working on my many, many projects, what did I decide to do - why, start another project, of course!!. This is a Tomten baby jacket from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears. For those who have never heard of EZ, get thyself to the local library and check out one of her books. She had the most wonderful attitude toward knitting. You can sit and read her books like a novel. Her daughter, Meg Swanson, still carries out the tradition at School House Press. I've done her Baby Surprise Jacket several times, but this is my first attempt at the Tomten. I found an online group which does a lot of EZ knit-alongs, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/knitbabysurprise/?yguid=158145, where I've been inspired. I'll get a picture of my last BSJ and post it here or, of you can't wait, you can see some at http://babysurprise0.tripod.com/id4.html. It's one of the funnest things I've ever done.



Well, guess I'll get back to my Tomten, though I will try to work at least 2 repeats on my Feather and Fan Shawl first. I"ll have to be careful not to disturb the bulldog!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home